Senior Estimator Job Description
Morelock Builders & Associates is a general contractor serving the Springfield, Missouri marketplace and is seeking a qualified estimator for its commercial division. The Senior Estimator will be responsible for leading commercial construction estimates and proposals for various projects with a diverse portfolio of project types and clients. This position will assist clients in making fact-based decisions by presenting accurate estimates in a credible and professional manner while minimizing risk to the company. Candidates must have proven experience in developing accurate estimates from conceptual budget drawings to complex sets of plans and specifications. We focus on developing a team atmosphere and look for team members who are pro-active self-starters and can grow with us by bringing forward new ideas and methodologies to win business.
• Lead estimating strategy and implementation efforts.
• Review and approve project summary schedules for validity.
• Lead risk review process.
• Responsible for compliance with estimating methodology insuring quality estimates are produced.
• Responsible for reviewing and approving quotes on bonds and insurance.
• Lead subcontractor solicitation and pre-qualification reviews.
• Schedule and conduct subcontractor pre-bid walk-through site meetings.
• Responsible for reviewing and approving specialty and standard equipment pricing.
• Responsible for preparation of proposals, RFQs
• Lead estimating teams for completion of pre-construction services.
• Responsible for cost history, data base management and estimating process.
• Approve price, general conditions, indirect costs and review as provided by project management team.
• Make final recommendations as to fee, contingency and escalation.
• Review and validate value engineering items, alternates and options.
• Responsible for the accuracy and validity of estimate clarifications and assumptions.
• Review documents for gaps and overlaps in scope of work.
• Communicate effectively and professionally with internal peers and executives, as well as customer representatives at all levels.
• Develop and maintain relationships with subcontractors and clients
• Train and mentor staff.
• All other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement. A minimum of 5 years of commercial project estimating experience
• Ability to work independently or in groups, think creatively and analytically, and make quick and sound decisions
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Expert with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• OSHA 10-hour safety certification required.
Estimating Primary Location US-MO-Springfield
Travel: Yes, 10%
Salary Range: $62,000-98,000
Benefits: Paid time off, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K
Morelock Builders & Associates is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.